Friday, September 7, 2007

Beads! Beads! Beads!

It was a great trip to creede, and very productive as well. Damon and I are so excited about buying Loverings Bead Loft. Everything just seems to be falling into place with buying inventory, having a place to rent, and our banker is excited to help us, having past experience with similar clients. As far as the mural, it sold for $275 at the salsa festival. I was a little bummed after having heard someone offered $500 for it back in July. Ah well, it's to be expected as I'm a no name artist out there. Hopefully after opening the store next spring and getting my work out there, things'll change for next salsa festival! :) So here's a few pics from my day spent at the bead loft. Check out the fun inventory...

I made a few friends with some of the regulars, who do beautiful work!

The earrings and necklace on the right I made for Ashlee, you'll see her wearing them at Tommy's in the pics below. Yay! It's so much fun to do!

Saturday night, after the Salsa festival and auction, Damon and I spent time with friends at Tommyknockers bar as a last hurrah before I left town. They had a really cool bunch of cats from Kansas come and play a gig, I didn't take pics, but Amanda, Ashlee and I grooved. It was great! The band was very Kneally style!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kiera! I miss you all so much! I'm so glad everything is working out with the Bead Shop! Have a splendid week...